PORTLAND, Ore. & NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Travel, retail, and office attendance may have had its starts and stops in 2021, but one thing was for sure last year: the appetite to get insights from consumer transaction data kept getting stronger. While retail and consumer spending as we know it may have looked different last year, people still got their fix in some way or another. Understanding consumer behavior through transaction data has become paramount to understanding the world around us. As we closed out the year, Facteus has developed the largest, most comprehensive alternative data portfolio for consumer transactions in the industry.
2021 was a banner year for Facteus with both new data partnerships and new investment firms consuming Facteus data products. Democratizing alternative data insights, access, and analysis while increasing data literacy remains at the heart of Facteus’ mission.
Notable 2021 milestones worth celebrating:
- Signing additional direct partnerships with financial institutions for synthetic data monetization
- In 2021 Facteus added 40 million additional debit cardholders and over 4 million new credit cardholders to our synthetic consumer transaction panel through new direct partnerships.
- This continued momentum in data acquisition has catapulted Facteus’ debit & credit card transaction dataset to become the largest in the industry.
- Completed acquisition of the Quantamatics platform from Quantamatics, Inc.
- Combining Facteus’ data assets and the data platform of Quantamatics, the company is now positioned to service clients no matter where they are in their alternative data adoption journey, expanding the addressable market by an order of magnitude.
- Whether a firm is just starting with analysts/data analysts or has a large team of data scientists, Facteus + Quantamatics can accelerate their time to value and insight directly in their existing workflows.
- Signing new direct partnerships to create one of the first real-time CPG & SKU alternative data sets in the market
- Facteus’ CPG & SKU data product includes POS data from 15,000+ big box stores, grocery stores, convenience stores, cannabis dispensaries, and bodegas across the U.S.
- Stable capture of spending on food & beverage, alcohol, energy drinks, tobacco, and cannabis.
- This is the fastest CPG & SKU alternative data in the industry with insights within 24 hours of transaction.
- Completed acquisition of the 1010data Equity Intelligence business
- Facteus has more than doubled its footprint in the alternative data industry.
- Today, Facteus data and technology products are now used by 40+ of the top buy-side hedge funds in the market.
“2021 was full of ups and downs for the world, but despite that, it was heartening to see how data played a role to help guide our society back to a semblance of normalcy,” said Chris Marsh, Founder & CEO at Facteus. “We are optimistic of the substantial impact that data and data consumption will continue to have in helping businesses and investors manage the unknowns in both business and society.”
Facteus is an alternative data and technology company on a mission to help democratize data insights by safely unlocking valuable data sets and increasing data literacy. We believe that through our synthetic data engine, MIMIC™, we can safely unlock more data sets for research and insights. Through our alternative data research, predictive analytics, and insights platform, Quantamatics™, Facteus provides a turnkey solution for streamlining data sourcing, management, normalization, and contextualizing insights into a wide range of research and investment workflows. To learn more, visit www.facteus.com.
Co-Founder, Head of Data & Growth Strategy