In our never-ending quest to make Maryjane’s Post the go-to resource for cannabis and dispensary professionals, we’re always looking for trending, savvy people to share their expertise on our blog.
Read through this entire page before pitching. It’s important to follow the guidelines to keep our brand consistency that our readers value. We unfortunately can’t accept everyone, so make sure your article meets our guidelines.
A Quick Guide to Maryjane’s Post
To help you write an article that fits our website’s niche, here’s a quick, helpful, guide to Maryjane’s Post:
- Our audience includes anyone interested (in any variety) in cannabis. We publish articles revolving around product reviews, political actions, pop culture, and anything related to marijuana in any way.
- Our current traffic reaches about 10k+ monthly pageviews across multiple countries.
- Our brand voice is educational and actionable, yet with a friendly conversational tone.
Stuck on how you can contribute? Here are some suggested topics that we publish to help you get the ball rolling:
- Anything to do with cannabis-related products
- Politics about marijuana
- Pop culture that relates to cannabis
- Cannabis regulations
- Cannabis stock market
- Marijuana dispensaries
- Growers, businesses, or professional’s in the cannabis industry
- How-to guides for all different skill levels, from beginners to advanced (how to roll a backwood, how to properly decarboxylate your weed, etc.)
Style Guidelines & Requirements
- Be creative. Make sure your post is relevant and targeted towards the cannabis community.
- Do your research. Use data and statistics to back up your claims. You must cite your sources, images and provide links.
- Break Up Text. No more than three sentences per paragraph. We like simple reads.
- Must Use H2 and H3 Subtitles. Stick to H2 and H3 sub-headers. All articles must have a minimum of two sub-headers to break the article down into a simple read.
- Your post must be at least 1000 words. If you’re going to be actionable and comprehensive, it’s tough to write less than this many words.
- You must propose a target keyword. It doesn’t necessarily need to have a high search volume.
- Your post will not be published elsewhere. We prefer fresh, original content that’s targeted to our readers.
- If your post is published, we’ll ask that you respond to all comments for the first 30 days after it’s posted. We use Disqus and Facebook, which makes it easy to stay notified when new comments appear.
- Be thoughtful when including links. Posts with too many links back to your domain will look spammy and will be rejected.
- Avoid promoting your tool or company in your post. Your author bio is a good place to do that.
- Give credit. Check your facts and quotations. Cite your sources.
- Let your heart show. Where appropriate, share your feelings!
After the post appears on Maryjane’s Post, can I republish it on my own blog?
The blog post must remain exclusive to Maryjane’s Post for 60 days. After that, you are free to republish your post, but make sure to note that the post originally appeared on Maryjane’s Post.
Maryjane’s Post has content partnerships with select media outlets who have the option to republish posts that originally appeared on the Maryjane’s Post blog. If your post is republished to one of these sites, your byline will be included and the post will link back to the original Maryjane’s Post post with your full bio.
Final details and how to submit
When you submit your article make sure the following is complete or your post will be automatically rejected.
- Create An Account by selecting the My Account Menu on the top menu of the home page.
- Your bio should be approximately 80 words and should include your Twitter handle, as well as any other relevant links you wish to display: your blog, LinkedIn profile, Facebook page, website URL, etc. This is a great place to include any promotional or gated links as we generally don’t allow them in the body copy.
- Your headshot: We use a site called Gravatar to manage our author’s headshots. New contributors should create an account there and upload a headshot. Once this is done, we’ll need the email address that was used to register the account, so we can associate your headshot with the author profile we will use in your posts.
- Now Send Us Your Best Post! You’ll reach a new and growing audience, establish yourself as an authoritative voice in the industry, and have fun all at the same time. Plus, you’ll be supporting our mission providing top trending cannabis news to the cannabis community. More diverse voices will make our blog better, so pitch us your best ideas now!